Wednesday, July 21, 2010

walking for mom...




This weekend, I had the honor of walking alongside my whole family in our county's Relay For Life event. It was amazing night filled with stories of loss, fear, determination, and survival. I get itty bitty chills just thinking about it. Really.

My mom has been involved in this event for years, but this time it was different. She was wearing the purple survivor shirt this year. Somehow it made it more real. Watching her walk around the track with other brave survivors from our small town. It stirred up my emotional pot in a way I didn't expect...but in a good way too. There are so many brave men, women, and children who have faced this disease and have such beautiful attitudes and spirits about it.

Our little town raised over $25,000 to send to the Cancer Society this weekend! If you ever get a chance to participate in an event like this, do it! In the mean time, send up a prayer for a cancer patient today!

No comments: